Monday, August 13, 2012

The 2012 London Olympics

Last night we all had to say good-by to the summer Olympics. So sad. I don't know where the last two weeks went, but I must admit I truly enjoyed watching the gifted athletes every night (well except for that evening we decided to take a break and watched the classic movie From Here To Eternity--bad mistake--we missed Misty May and Kerri Walsh score a US gold medal for Beach Volleyball in the finals).

So to celebrate the gold medals acquired by all the US athletes, Becky, Katie and I made our own edible gold medals (thanks to a post online).

We used Golden Oreos and Rope by The Foot gummy snacks.


I guess if we were to receive Gold Medals it would be for eating! We're THE BEST at that!! And we certainly gobbled up those cookies, dunked in milk, of course.

We will miss you INCREDIBLE swimmers--Ryan Lochte and Michael Phelps (Katie and I are on Team Lochte, Becky is still sticking with Team Phelps--such a diehard, that Becky!) We fell head over heels in support of Gabby "The Flying Squirrel" Douglas. You're beautiful smile won us over from Day One! 

YAY USA


No comments:

Post a Comment