Monday, September 3, 2012

LABOR DAY WEEKEND

It has been a simply delightful Labor Day weekend! Katie decided to come home for the weekend (heehee she's only been at college for seven days!). So Jim left on Friday and picked her and her friend, Jules, up and drove the three hours back home. He delivered Jules to her doorstop and my Katie-Girl to me! It was pretty late on Friday so all we did was a lot of hugging and catching up...

Saturday I got up, and walked Maggie around Pheasant Branch. All the way around. It's been the first time since her surgery that she's wanted to do that! Yes, Maggie had surgery last week, Tuesday. She had her left blind eye removed because it was causing pressure and severe pain. So many people wished her well and a speedy recovery, which I truly think helped. For that we are very grateful!
Not so bad. 
We've decided to lovingly nickname her "Winky."


As you can see above, Katie dressed in her pretty floral frock and we ventured to our favorite stores:


Where we purchased some gym wear for Katie for her dance class. I also found two REALLY CUTE knit tops, one from Cable and Gauge and the other from One A. In the same mall is a specialty dance shop called Rosy Cheeks. It's the cutest darn store:

We purchased two leotards and dance tights for Katie.
I have a dancer girl!!

Then Katie proceeded to do homework the rest of the day and night. The conservancy theater program really makes its kids work hard...

On Sunday I got up, went to BodyPump. Jim and I went to church at 11 am and then ventured downtown to State Street (Katie had to stay home and do homework) to go to THE TASTE OF MADISION:


We both got gyros From House Gyros. Then I wanted to compare cupcakes from Gigi's and Daisy's Cafe. I had a chocolate cupcake from Gigi's that was phenomenal. The cupcake was fresh, homemade, moist and simply delicious. The frosting was just the right proportion to the cupcake--LOTS--and was a creamy buttery, sugary delight. Daisy's cupcake, on the other hand, was not so good. The cake part tasted boxed. The frosting was nothing to write home about and the price was a whole dollar more than Gigi's. So I say Gigi's YES and Daisy's definetely NO! I plan on going to the real Gigi's at the Hilldale Mall AGAIN.

Jim, Katie and I rounded out the weekend with a star-gazing night time walk around Pheasant Branch. What a GREAT way to end a GREAT weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment