Sunday, July 29, 2012

My New Mac

I have been unintentionally delinquent from my blog for a few weeks because I just got...

a new MacBook Pro computer!


Isn't she pretty? I opted for a pink cover because it's my favorite color. (When I go clothes shopping I am drawn to bright PINKS!)

This is such a treat because I have never had a Mac before! I've had many Dells that have lasted three years tops. I have paid for many anti virus programs that seem to get more and more expensive and don't block all the viruses. So this time, after my most recent Dell died, I decided to: Go For The Mac! Or rather my husband did, sort of a Belated-Birthday-Happy-Anniversary-Gift. Thank you Sweet Jim!
The most amazing thing about a Mac is its battery life. My goodness it lasts forever!
But the bad thing is I have to relearn a few things--how to download photos from my camera via the memory card not the cord, the whole i Photo Library, the whole click system instead of just tapping, the left and right "keys" on the mousepad. And apps! There are so many to choose from! I already downloaded a writing app--Scrivener--with the $100 gift card they gave me with their Back To School Promotion. Today I took the time to learn photos on this computer with the help of Becky and Katie (thank you!) and wrote down the steps, lest they are not here...I think I get it!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE your new mac! Glad you're happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, it makes me VERY happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, congratulations on your new Mac! It's no wonder you somehow forgot about updating your blog. Hehe. Yep, she's pretty. Having a Mac is truly a breath of fresh air for you. Cheers!


    -Benita Bolland

    ReplyDelete