Friday, April 27, 2012

NPR Is Not a Friend of Mine

Last night Katie was taking off her fake nails from prom (finally) with my most feared enemy--NAIL POLISH REMOVER! You see over the years nail polish remover (NPR) has left it's evil trace in more than one place in my heart......It started years ago at my parents' home. I was home from college and I removed a nice shade of Sally Hansen (my favorite nail polish at the time) red nail polish with Cutex nail polish remover and set the discarded cotton ball down on my parents newly aquired dresser (NPR soaked side down). When I went to throw away the ball it STUCK to the dresser because the acetone and varnish formed a nice little mesh. I felt so bad. We tried to smooth it away with a little sand paper and touch it up but to this day there will always be a spot under the lace runner.

Then years later, a couple months ago, in my own home I was coming down the steps to see Becky at the high top kitchen table removing her nail polish with--you guessed it--the feared NPR. Before I could yell DON'T SET IT DOWN she had done so and yes, there is a slight mark on the wood. Of course she apologized and added a sweet little comment, "Now when you look at it, you'll always think of me." Which I do (lovingly, of course) almost on a daily basis! And sometimes when I'm particularly missing her I touch the spot and think of her spirit and her ability to go on and STUDY even though she is SO SICK of that organic stuff I know NOTHING about. Diligence, my greatest pride I have for her! (You'll be home in a WEEK, Sweety!, I tell myself)

So you can't blame me for watching Katie like a hawk last night, can you? She had a BOWL of nail polish remover on the leather drum we use for a coffee table. Yes I know, there are many water rings and drops of oil and scratches and such from the ten year old drum that is supposed to look distressed (the whole premise of the drum is that it was attached to elephants in Africa and sounded for what, I don't know--war? tradition? celebration?) But a whole bowl of NPR could do some SERIOUS damage, don't you think? I even went as far as putting a towel under it, to soak it up, just in case. She was able to soak the fake nails one by one and detach them from her real nails without any spillage, yeah!

I ask you--it's 2012--isn't there a more efficient way to remove nail polish? An easier way? A less damaging way? Because I would be all for that!
Because I do so love polishing my fingernails and especially toenails with the adorable color that's out there. Check out the lovely shade below of my favorite nail polish. It seems to last the longest for me.

And it's called Orange You Glad It's Summer! Love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment