Saturday, April 14, 2012

SUMMER MOVIES!

Entertainment Weekly's Summer Movie Preview arrived in the mail yesterday--YAY!!
Now I can decide which movies to see in the theater and which to wait until DVD.
Let's see...this summer looks like every past summer in that it is A Glorious Summer of Superhero Movies! There is The Dark Knight Rises, The Avengers, Men in Black 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man. Of those I may see The Dark Knight Rises.
What can I say the movie features Anne Hathaway and Christian Bale, two of my favorite actors!

Here are the movies that look the best to me: Moonrise Kingdom. This movie takes place in 1965 on a sparsely populated New England Island. A scoutmaster leads the search for a pair of runaway lovebirds. The movie features Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Edward Norton and Bruce Willis. Then there's To Rome With Love directed by Woody Allen who makes a guest appearance in the movie. This one features romantic vignettes in Rome with a huge international cast. I loved Woody Allen's movie last year--Midnight in Paris--it was even up for a Best Movie for the Academy Awards! I'm hoping Allen's latest is just as clever and fun. The last movie I want to see is The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. I've been seeing this as a trailer every time I go to a movie and it looks SO GOOD! SOOO FUNNY!!! It's about a ragtag group of British seniors portrayed by--Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy and Tom Wilkinson who retire to a shabby Indian hotel run by an ambitious young entrepreneur (Slumdog Millionaire's Dev Patel).


My family and I have always tried to see every movie that is up for Best Movie for the Academy Awards. Then we watch the show every year and try to predict the outcomes. We even play Oscar Bingo!
It's a little early to make predictions but after watching a few of these summer movies I'll be posting my reviews...

1 comment:

  1. I really want to see To Rome With Love...because I'm GOING to Rome this summer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete