Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Have Joined the Masses (finally)

I said I was never going to do it. I said it's expensive, others taste just as good, and all those who do imbibe are just spoiled, anarchistic, and out to destroy our free world. And yet here I am in the morning sipping my Caffe Verona DARK from the bag from the little shop in our subdivision--STARBUCKS. I wish I would have never met you because I have fallen, head over heels, in coffee love! I love your quaint little shop. I love your CDs that come out monthly (so far I have purchasedPaul McCartney Kisses On the Bottom, and Billy Joel.)  I am addicted to Caffe Verona. I even have the ceramic travel mug when the handy dandy little lid. Yup, I'm in trouble.  
My usual frugal and humble habit is to work at the high school and then drive down the street to purchase a cup of McDonalds small coffee, two creams, at the reasonable price of $1.06. Heck at that price I could dig in the coin section of my wallet and use up all the heavy change accumulating there.
But then I discovered, you, My Beloved, Starbucks and it's like that Sinead O'Connor song "Nothing Compares. Nothing Compares to YOU!"
I guess there are worse habits and worse expenses. And maybe if I alter the two--one day Starbucks, the next day McDonalds, I can justify it all.

Or I can tell myself LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO ENJOY STARBUCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment