Wednesday, June 27, 2012

One Fabulous Day; One Fabulous Dinner

Did I say I wanted to cook ALOT this summer, all kinds of NEW recipes? No, I did not, but I'm now adding this task to my "to do list." Yesterday Becky, Katie and I decided that TODAY we are going up to Devil's Lake to do a little hiking, a little swimming, a little grilling out and LOTS OF EATING. We pre-planned our adventure yesterday by 1) each of us choosing a side dish off the internet to prepare, 2) going to Woodman's and getting all the ingredients and, 3) preparing the recipe! Then I will pre-cook brats at home and brown them on the grill up at the park (if the park hasn't issued a "no grilling ban"--I mean, what the heck, I didn't know they had bans like that. Just because it's a little dry out there Mr./Ms. Park Rangers that doesn't mean you have to take away all our fun--but I digress..)

Katie prepared Ramen Coleslaw (also known as Oriental Salad) and low-fat Double Chocolate Brownies (from scratch and made with applesauce!). She doubled the recipe, made two pans of brownies and took one pan to her nighttime practice of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee. Becky made Chicago Macaroni Salad (see the irony in this? Katie picked it out--haha!). I made Cold Cucumber Salad, Garden Bean Salad and Paula's Mozarella and Tomato Salad (using FRESH basil from my herb garden)

[future post, future post--my herb garden]


We decided that since there was SO MUCH FOOD we would eat the salads with hamburgers yesterday and brats today (oh why not, it is summer!).


Our FABULOUS DINNER with the co-cooks, Be-cay and Ka-TEE!
Yes, and me, in the mirror taking the pic-tah haha!

I don't know what was more fun--preparing the side dishes or eating them!
Well at any rate we get to eat them all over again TODAY!

Off to walk Maggie...

No comments:

Post a Comment