Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Reading List


I know I've been away for a couple of days and that's because I've been working on one of my summer goals: read lots of good books! You see about a week ago I took Entertainment Weekly's,  "BOOKS YOUR SUMMER MUST LIST" article and ordered all of them from our local library. I had a plan. Most of the books on the list were new and bestsellers with wait lists of up to 60 people. I thought the books would come in slowly over the next several weeks...but no...five of them came in at once. So I took the one recommended big time from our librarian--Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close and began reading it. And reading it. And reading it. (Hey I'm on a time crunch five books in four weeks!). It's a wickedly funny book about three young women grappling with heartbreak, career changes and the many weddings of their friends that they've been attending. I wouldn't say it's the deepest book I've ever read, if you know what I mean, but it's a quick, enjoyable, easy read.

If you notice, my favorite author in the world--Alice Hoffman has a new book that is on that pile of books. I'm saving that one. I always savor her books! But there is an interesting one called REAmDe by Neal Stephenson that looks really interesting. It's supposed to be an action packed thriller in which a techie guy gets caught in an online war game. We'll see!

Off to read...on the deck....ahhh summer!

2 comments:

  1. Keep that list from Entertainment Weekly! I need some new books. And I downloaded "The Art of Fielding" for the plane ride back home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you that you would LOVE "The Art of Fielding!" What is it about that book?? I wish the author would get busy and write ANOTHER one for us all to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete