Saturday, June 16, 2012

Viterbo University Orientation

Katie and I went to Viterbo's Orientation for incoming Freshman on Friday. We stayed in historical downtown LaCrosse at the Courtyard Marriott on the Mississippi River.
The view outside our second floor window - sort of - there actually was a big orange lift outside our window because the hotel is undergoing major renovation. Oh well, it will be complete for when Jim and I come for Parents Weekend October 13th!

When Katie and I were packing on Thursday morning I kept saying, "bring your swimming suit so we can sit in the hot tub and go swimming." Unfortunately I forgot mine - oops - which led to fortunately buying a NEW Ralph Lauren bandeau style one piece for me in a cool paisley print -- YAY!! Yes we discovered the TJ Maxx in LaCrosse and it is every bit non-picked over - thank you very much Georgia!!

On Friday - actual orientation day - they did some splitting of us up, which Katie and I did not appreciate. That led to awkwardness among people we didn't know. Katie and I actually bowed out of the provided lunch (we would have had to have eaten separately - her with the kids, me with the adults) and ran to Subway instead. Yes, we were BAD! But we got to pick up the two hand soaps I left at TJ Maxx the day before. Finally in the afternoon Katie got to sign up for classes. Janet McLean (director of the program had written suggestions and smiley faces on the sheet for Katie to follow). Among her suggestions were voice lessons (which she has to get special permission to do so from the faculty) and dance lessons. It's as if Janet read Jim and my minds! We wanted Katie to get these skills. And when the advisor said, "I think we'll wait on math for you first semester--is that okay?" She didn't hesitate to respond, "YES!" Her other classes beside Voice and Dance, will be Text Analysis, Makeup, and Acting I. Needless to say she is SO EXCITED! Hey the speakers even said the kids should find something to do with their lives that they are INTERESTED IN and HAVE A PASSION FOR~!
Viterbo is such a pretty campus!

2 comments:

  1. Viterbo looks gorgeous! I love Katie's dress. And I LOVE the classes she signed up for...she's going to have a blast. She deserves to do what she loves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to learn so much and have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete