Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Big Freak Out

I woke at 4:30 this morning, with the birds and started freaking out. Katie's last day of high school is today. Becky leaves for Rome in three days. American Airlines is in bankruptcy. Maggie is ten July 3rd...you get the picture. I guess if you think about it, everyone can find lots to freak out about, depending on where they are in life.

Heidi is freaking out that her son is graduating from eighth grade and will be entering high school in the fall. She no longer will make the daily trek to the grade school after twelve years of automatic pilot and doing so...Lisa is freaking out about the future of their business and wants to sell their house and downsize...my mom is freaking that she has to live out the rest of her life without my dad (he died January 2nd of this year).

So how do we all stop the madness?

ACCEPTANCE

We realize that circumstances change, that we can't hold onto our loved ones forever, that we must move on.

Or we do what I do...just keep moving!
As Heidi said last week...I do better with CRAZY. Are we a society that has filled our life with SO MUCH: employment, running around, technology, workouts, walks, cleaning, family, so we don't have to stop and think?

I think sooner or later we all are forced to STOP and think.
We'll finally realize what we had.
And what could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment