Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The UW-Madison Memorial Union

One of my favorite places to visit in the summer is the terrace at the UW-Madison Memorial Union. Which Jim and I did yesterday late afternoon. We had so much fun eating pretzels (the inside bar wasn't open where they usually sell my ultimate favorite-POPCORN!) and drinking a beer and talking and people watching.  The colorful chairs just shout out THE UNION:




The view of the lake is spectacular: beautiful and soothing!

My only regret is NOT bringing my camera! (The above photos are borrowed.) I would have taken a pic of the man in front of us who was giving a speech in which we had NO IDEA what he was talking about! His speech started out in favor of Native Americans, turned angry on Fidel Castro, then turned to Iraq, followed by an angry spouting of various subjects that made absolutely NO sense. A gay man tried to gently stop him by saying, "None of us want to hear any negative things here today." The man kept giving his speech to which the G-man incuded the rest of us by asking, "am I right, how many of the rest of you DON'T want to hear this man?" I responded with a "Yeah." Speech Man went on for another half a minute and then hobbled away to annoy another group of people (he was on crutches).

I would have also captured the man on a tall bike. It was amazing--over six feet tall! The best part was when he got off and then climbed right back on.


It looked something like this.

But the man at the Union's bike looked hodgepodge and homemade, stuck together with duct tape. And the man himself was quite a character--long beard, thin and spriteley, maybe sixty. Alot of people were taking pics of the man and his bike (sigh...)

I vow from here on: BRING MY CAMERA every fun place I  go!

No comments:

Post a Comment