Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm 5-0 today....really?

I can't believe I'm fifty today. I remember ten years ago thinking to myself I'll never be fifty. I'll never make it to fifty with these crazy kids and when I do...my last daughter will be graduated from High School and Jim and I will practically be empty nesters. Well here it is and as Marilaine said last night--If I weren't here now - FIFTY - where would I be?

My friends from work gave Marilaine and I a joint birthday party at Vitense Mini Gulf Range last night. I actually knew about it, but played along because Heidi spent so much time giving out invitations (secretly), planning the event, buying balloons and chocolate and a book (God Never Blinks--50 Lessons for Life's Little Detours [just what Marilaine and I need with all that's been going on in our lives]) for each of us. So I acted surprised and grateful and truly had FUN. We BOTH did!
The action shot! 

The Gehrmann Girls have never liked being the center of attention so I was happy that Marilaine and I got to celebrate our birthdays together--open up the cards and presents at the same time, blow out the candles together and be there for each others' joy.

The Birthday Girls!

The Gang--what a Motley and WONDERFUL group of people!! Thanks PEEPs!

No comments:

Post a Comment