Friday, May 25, 2012

Summer Goals, Plans, Adventures

Remember those obnoxious essays you had to write once you got back to school in the fall. They were ALWAYS entitled "What I Did On My Summer Vacation." Most of the time as kids, we had no idea what to write, we sat there in that blank space of our brains trying to think, think, think of something fun and exciting we had done. Perhaps if we had been writing things down all along or better yet, had come up with some goals, plans, and adventures, it wouldn't have been so difficult to remember.
Well here I am...a whole summer vacation looming before me...
Here's what I intend to do this summer.



GET TAN AND BUFF. This one is my favorite. I attempted this last year as well and did pretty good. I got a summer gym membeship for Katie and we spent many an afternoon at the gym pool. I also went to group exercises alot too. But I would like to expand on this one by TRYING NEW CLASSES at the gym. I basically go to two classes--Bodypump and Sculpt--figuring I get my cardio from walking Maggie everyday. But this summer is a great way to try a Step class, or Zumba dance or many of the other classes offered.  Because I keep saying I will try new classes and I never do--this summer I will!

MAKE A SUMMER WREATH. There is a big single nail beside the front door. We put a fall wreath I made on it, as well as a Christmas wreath but I would love to make a pretty, summery wreath for it.

FINISH KNITTING THE PINK SCARF AND FIGURE OUT HOW TO CROCHET THE GRANNY SQUARE SCARF. That pink scarf is sitting by the couch and I can pick it up anytime while we are watching TV. Also the granny square scarf can be knit while I sit on the deck outside!

WRITE ONE SHORT STORY. AND SEND IT OUT TO BE PUBLISHED.

READ AS MANY GOOD BOOKS AS I CAN.

GO ON DAY TRIPS: DEVIL'S LAKE, GERMANFEST, COUNTY PARKS, BRATFEST, RYTHM AND BOOMS, MALLARDS GAME, AMERICAN PLAYERS THEATER, MOVIES.

GO ON A FEW OVERNIGHT TRIPS: CHICAGO TO VISIT BECKY. LACROSSE WITH KATIE.

Well I can always add more, as I think of things I want to accomplish and do this summer....
Because the skys the limit.....




No comments:

Post a Comment